Kalamazoo businesses such as Stryker Medical, Parker Hannifin, American Axle & Manufacturing, Bronson Healthcare Group, and S&K Tool & Die got a flurry of applicants at this year’s Career Fair at Kalamazoo.
The debate continues to rage on over reforming Michigan’s auto insurance no-fault system.
Michigan lawmakers and insurance industry leaders are meeting in Lansing to hash out the details of a new bill that is yet to be finished, released or able to be analyzed.
Michigan law enforcement officials will begin cracking down this weekend on drunk drivers on the road through April 8, 2013.
Ten fascinating facts about how the pope is elected
Starting on April 25, 2013 the TSA will now allow some controversial and not-so-controversial items in the carry-on of travelers.
You know what’s better than roasted tomatoes? Goat cheese with basil and the perfect companion-French bread. Check out this easy and tasty appetizer recipe.
• 12 ounces of goat cheese (you may need to buy a couple since it comes in smaller packaging)
• olive oil
• 1 small jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil.
• 1 package of fresh basil
• 1 package of fresh rosemary
You will need a large platter to lay out all your ingredients and cover and allow to marinate for at least 3 hours in the fridge. In a large bowl pour in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of freshly-chopped basil, 2 tablespoons of freshly-chopped rosemary, and drain and add about 3 ounces of those sun-dried tomatoes. If you want, add a dash of salt and pepper for taste.
Next, you will want to cut approximately one inch pieces of goat cheese.
This might be difficult, but do your best. You want to make sure that
the bottom of your platter is your base and your foundation is goat
cheese. After blending your marinade, gently pour over the platter
making sure that the goat cheese is completely covered. Serve a minimum
of three hours later with sliced French bread and viola! an impressive
A startling new report released last week by state highway officials showed the first increase in 10 years for traffic fatalities in teen drivers ages 16 and 17. The data reflected a 19% increase in teen driving deaths in the first half of last year.
During the first six months of 2012, 107 16-year-old drivers lost their lives and 133 were 17-year-old drivers. Nothing official has been linked or released that definitively blames texting as the cause, but certainly distracted driving played a role in the increase.
Unlike talking to your teen drivers about the dangers of drinking and driving, cell phone use it taken lightly and is an almost unstoppable habit for today’s young drivers.
Here are some tips to help your teen steer clear of texting and driving:
1. Discuss real facts with your teen. The website stoptextsstopwrecks.org offers real data to help scare your teens in the reality of the dangers of distracted driving such as you are 23 times more likely to get into an accident while driving and texting.
2. Turn off the ringer on your cell phone so that notifications from texts or phone calls cannot be heard.
3. Ask a passenger to take your texts for you. Why not? They aren’t driving.
4. Keep your smartphone out of sight while driving. It cuts down on the compulsion and temptation to pick it up and check for texts.
5. Consider technology. There have been a number of apps for phones and inexpensive solutions that turn off texts while you are driving but allow 9-1-1 calls to still be made. Visit mashable for the top apps on the market.
Are you interested in saving money in a fun, easy way? Why not try couponing? This phenomenon has reached many households across the nation, and for good reason. In the past, being thrifty was seen as negative. But now, it is seen as a smart way to purchase the items you need and want, without feeling guilty.
In a tough economy, you may be looking for money saving ideas when it comes to your business investment. However, if you are a start up organization, it can be difficult to face cost cutting when all you want to do is grow and prosper. Yet, doing so may be necessary so your services can survive into the future.
Although school has started again, you can still celebrate the warm weather that has stayed behind! A new season brings about changes, but getting together with old friends and neighbors is a great way to catch up on what’s happened. So why not plan a block party? This event takes lots of preparation, but the end result will be that of fun, celebration, food, laughter, and memories.